Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special 161 question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
Serial # 5480047

My database program shows this watch as a Type IIE. But, this watch doesn't have "Elinvar" on the balance cock. Thoughts?

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Does the back-stamped number on the balance bridge match the rest of the watch? Back in the day, sometimes the whole balance cock assembly was replaced as a quickie way to replace the balance wheel.

Best Regards,

Ed

IHC Life Member
Picture of Tom Weinstock
posted
Ed, thanks for the reply. Not sure yet as I don't have the watch in hand at this point. Will have it checked out when I receive it and report back. Thanks!

Tom

posted
Sometime back another watch from this run passed through eBay. It's number was 5480011. It to was a Bunn S. 161 Type II not marked Elinvar.

I have noticed other examples from the run 5,441,001-5,442,000, which the S/N list says should be Bunn S. 161E Type II-E, that are not marked Elinvar. Other inconsistencies between actual examples and the S/N list have been noticed from this time period. These involve both 161's and 163's.

Could these be errors in the S/N list?

J. C. Petty