• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Very Old Bunn Special "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello Illinois Experts: In reviewing my small collection of Illinois watches and documenting I discovered this Bunn Special #1483261 that is listed near 1890 circa. Movement is a beautiful multi-color silver/ribbon /21 Ruby Jewels/18 S/Bunn Special/Springfield, Ill./. Also marked Adjusted> ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED FROM ILLINOIS EXPERTS>non value type info to help document hobby collection. Case is of Ore Silver and stamped Fahys /Patented April 22, 1879-No.1. Thanks again for any info. Sam

posted
Hello again: Will forward photos ASAP. First of next wk. Thanks again, Sam.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Sam,

There were 18,500 or so of these made in 67 runs between 1894 thru 1904. Yours was in a run 600 made in 1899. It is a Model 6 and has the Gold-inlaid circle (3rd) pattern with Black filled engraving. Either Roman numeral or bold Gothic style Arabic numeral dial would be appropriate.

Steve

posted
Thanks Steve for your wonderful information. I just checked the watch again and you have described it perfectly. The dial is Bold style Arabic just as you have stated. The movement is beautiful but the dial has a 1/4" chip at 6. Crystal is slightly scratched. Dial looks good except for the chip. Case shows use but is in fine shape considering age and use. Is this watch repairable and how successful are dial repairs. Thanks again and I am amazed at the knowledge you Illinois people possess.

posted
Hello again Steve: I failed to mention that the watch is running great! Thanks.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Sam,

If you can, post a picture. Someone here might be able to locate one for you or at least point you in the direction to acquire one.

Steve

posted
Hello Steve or Others: We made some mistakes in trying to post pictures last week. We have schooled ourselves (somewhat)!!!. and will be posting new images this week. Thanks for your patience. Sam

posted
Finally, here are photos as promised. Sam

Hello Again ED: Regarding my question on 60 Hour marking. These images were already on page 2 of this forum. Still confused as to the lack of markings. Thanks, Sam.

Bunn Special

posted
Dial. Sam

Bunn Special

posted
Silver version of movement. Sam

Bunn Special

posted
Inside Back Cover. Sam

Bunn Special

posted
Close-up of Inside Screw Cover. Sam