WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

18 sz 24j Illinois Chesapeake & Ohio marked Special "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Michael Valek
posted
Friends,
Ive had this one for 6 mos now. The "book" mentions a 24j 18sz with similar markings, but does not mention any Two Tone movement. I hate to use the term "Rare" but does anybody have an idea how many were marked like mine?

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
with bezal closed..

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
case close up...

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
case back...

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
inside of back....

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
inside of dust cover....

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
and the movement.

posted
Michael,

that is a beautifull watch!!
What i know,thanks to Illinois database by Mr.Russell,your watch is part of the group Bunn Special, 24 jewes,6 positions,isochronism ruby jewels in gold settings,gold balance screws-patent regulator.Made 7,410 of runs 34, between 1895 and 1905 of which about 1000 marked like yours,for "Chesapeake & Ohio".
Here is the only example i could find similiar to your watch damaskeening.

Andrea

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Boy that is one nice watch, wish it were mine. Thanks for showing it.

Tom

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Mike,

That is a gorgeous example you have there. It sometimes seems the private label models seem to deviate from what the reference materials say they should. How many were made with that beautiful pattern is anyones guess. I must say I have not seen many that good looking.

Steve

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
Andrea, Tom and Steve; thank you! BTW Andrea, your 21j in the topic below mine....SWEEEEET Smilevery nice.

Regards,
Mike

posted
Hey Mike,

Lets hope the serial numbers under the Barrel Bridge match the one on the movements.. then it will be really Sweeett.. Big Grin
Bytheway,your watch is really amazing.. Smile
Andrea

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Michael,

This watch is a home run. 24 hr Montgomery dial! C+O Special markings! Unbelievable two-tone damaskeening! Nice 25 yr engine turned case. I think this is truly a one of a kind!

Very cool! Cool

John III

Picture of Michael Valek
posted
Thank you John!! The photos are not very good. I need to make a photo box. Lin's pictures are so clear and easy on the eyes.

Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Holy Smokes, this is an eyeful of an old thread. That RR timepiece could be the centerpiece of many collections as it is just killer.
I noticed that in the fat book you can find a line for 24 jewel and a line for two-tone 21j, but not one for 24j two-tone - likely a scarce edition.

To stumble upon something such as this is just lottery-grade dumb luck. You just wouldn't be "on the lookout for one."

kh