Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois watch "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
Where or how do I find info. on Illinois s/n2731699.Thanks Roger

IHC Life Member
posted
Open face, lever set, 18s, model 6, grade 89, made in about 1915. One of a run of 600, total of 36,480 watches in this grade. 17 jewels in settings, adjusted for temperature, isochronism, and three positions.

IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks Bob, I can find data bases for Hanpden, Waltham and Hamilton but not for Illinois.Does one exist?

IHC Life Member
posted
Not online. The sources are the "blue book", American Pocket Watches, Vol.2, Illinois Watch Co. by Meggers and Ehrhardt. Last time I saw the book for sale, it went for $125.

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
I also have a Model 6 Grade 89 from 1915 serial 2,787,983 with a striped demaskeening housed in a nickel/silver Illinois Watch Case Co. 18s case.

R. Glenn

Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Here's the dial side. From what I've gathered this is about the end of production of the 18s Illinois' as popularity changed to the smaller timepieces and even wristwatches.

R. Glenn

Life Member
posted
Roland that is a grade 69 model 6

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Yes Roland, the 18-size Illinois models were on the decline by 1915, though production didn't end until the mid-1920's.

I'm moving this topic to the Illinois forum, where it belongs.

Best Regards,

Ed

posted
In case any one is interested,Google "Pocket Watch Data Base".It covers Illinois watches.