Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Illinois 18sz Solid Gold Ca. 1883 "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Here is my 18 Size Illinois KWKS 11Jewels, H/C Model 1, Grade 3, Circa August 1883.

It is housed in a BWCCo. Solid Gold H/C marked 18. It has Frosted Gilt plates and fancy damaskeening. Serial no. is 429757.

There has never been any personalization or presentations. It is a very nice example that I share with you. It is totally original and shows no abuse and very little pocket wear. There were 12,200 of the mvmts made and very few in Solid Gold cases were put together back in those days.

I took these with my first attempt with my new camera a Nikon Coolpix S4000. I am on a "learning curve" as I make no claims as to being a photographer and hopefully I will make improvements as time progresses. This is a very compact and easy to use "pocket camera" smaller than a pack of smokes. It has 12.0 megapixels and a 4X Zoom feature. They were taken on my kitchen counter with natural lighting and NO light box this morning. Perhaps you will be able to appreciate that these are "au natural" and what can be accomplished without additional features. These camera's are available at discount houses for $119 + tax. Up till now I have NEVER had anything but my flat bed HP scanner to get pictures to you [ and for me ] !! Here are 15 pictures for your viewing.

Comments will be appreciated and welcomed on the camera and the watch itself if desired, please, as I am looking for critics. Thanks friends Smile

Illinois Frontside Pic1;

regards,
bb

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Backside Pic2;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Front Shield Upclose Pic3;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinos Backside Upclose Pic4;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Open Dial Pic5;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Frosted Gilt Mvmt # 429757 Pic6;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Upclose Mvmt. Pic7;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Closer Mvmt. Pic8;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois case Markings Back Cover Pic9;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Closer Markings Back Cover Pic10;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Cuvette Markings Pic11;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Rightside Coin Edge Rim Pic12;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Hinged Area Pic13;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Leftside Coin Edge Rim pic14;

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Illinois Crown & Bow Area pic15;

posted
Beautiful watch and pictures.I have an older Nikon "Coolpix;,MODEL L16.it'S 7.1 MEGAPIXELS.Takes good pictures.I think I'm going to try the "natural"light,as I haven't had much luck with my light box.Keep up the good work and let us see some more of your collection.Regards.Norm

posted
That is a beauty of a watch!

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Simply beautiful!

Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Great pictures of a super nice watch.
Gary

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Nice watch Buster. The total lack of wear on the barleycorn engine turning infill in the engraving pattern indicates it was carried very little, if at all.

Best Regards,

Ed

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Buster,

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Your early Illinois is a real prize.

Those are sharp, clear, well defined images.

I have been using my Nikon Coolpix 950 for more than seven years with no problems. Looks like your new Nikon Coolpix S4000 is cut from the same cloth and does a great job.

Lindell

Wink

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Thanks to one and all for your comments. They will help me master this camera in no time. [ maybe-perhaps] Big Grin

regards,
bb