posted
Dial

IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
Movement

posted
Ethan,
beautifull watch!Illinois made a total of 7,280 movements of 28 runs 12 size of grade 274,between 1911-1925.This watch is the last run(4,645,601-4,647,000),so your watch is the first of the last run! Smile

12-Size Expert
Picture of Robert Schussel
posted
Ethan

This is one heck (it won't let me say h e l l) of a case even if stylistically it is from earlier era.

Bob

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Man, that is a beautiful case! Cool Multicolored with birds in flight!

If I remember correctly the Illinois Centrals were marketed by Sears, Roebuck and Company of Chicago in the catalog and their retail stores.

Wink

Picture of Mark Clark
posted
Adding to the Illinois 204:

Hey guys, I am new to the group... so, please have patience with my ignorance and postings. I am learning. 1st - "Greetings to all"
I found this discussion on the
Illinois 204 Model 7, and I picked one up just a week ago. #3114081 16s 17j Pendant Set/wind Double Roller, has a salesman's Display back. Runs great, and I understand it is a Railroad Special Bridge Plate Design. It seems to be original, hope I can get some confirmation here on that. Two-Tone movement, the Dial signed as Illinois Central but is in poor shape. A chip has been filled, and there is a 'y' shaped hairline at 11:45 area on the outer edge. (Hope to find a replacement) I believe there were only 5940 of these made of this grade from 1914 to 1917. This one is one of a 1000 run in 1917. I will post a few pictures, and I hope I can find out more about my 204. Is this case original? It has no markings, nice heavy metal type, with allot of scroll work performed on the exposed areas.
All help, input, etc. is greatly appreciated and any help in getting this beauty back to the best shape possible would be wonderful. I really love these Illinois PW's, (I have several Hamilton's, Waltham's, Hampden's, South Bend's, and of course Elgin's).But, the Illinois are something different. I only have two (Illinois) the other being a Gr. 127 from early 1932.

Gimparoo

Illinois 204 Back

Picture of Mark Clark
posted
Here is the front view of the Dial, as you can see the chip repair, and the 'y' shaped hairline crack at top of Dial..

Thanks to all for any input, suggestions, comments.
Help in finding a Dial would be great. I have searched many places without any results.

Thank you for your time.

Gimparoo

Illinois 204 Dial

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Interesting topic, which I'm moving to the Illinois forum.

Best Regards,

Ed

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Just to complete the explanation of Mr. Meggers' terminology that was left unfinished above:

(V2 198-3) = location of photo, where

V2 = Volume 2 of American Pocket Watches (aka "The Bible")

198 = page 198

3 = Figure 3 on that page

Best Regards,

Ed