Internet Horology Club 185
Illinois program

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8881029912/m/5473908097

December 08, 2017, 22:02
Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
Illinois program
Several years ago when I was just a younger new member someone here gave me a CD with the Illinois program that list serial numbers and pictures and information on the grades. The disk has 2007 written on it. Well my computers no longer will work with the old Windows program. Does anyone know if the program has been updated to work on Windows 7 or better yet Windows 8.1 an if it has how I can obtain the newer version.

Thanks,
Harry
December 08, 2017, 22:42
Bila Wirriganwalters
You can get it to work Harry with a bit of mucking around. I have the old 2007 version working on Windows 10 now but also had it working on win 7, you just have to put some folders in a different area on you "C Drive".

Probably best though to try and get the latest version, it is available and with plenty of updated info, just hard to get happening. I tried a couple of times without success to source it, due to no response to my emails.
December 08, 2017, 22:54
Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
Thank you Bila. I have been trying to get it to work on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 for the past 5 hours. I keep getting a message saying I was missing a Foxpro file and when I try to download that from Microsoft It will not let me because that file is for an older version of Windows. I do not know enough about computers to make files and put data in the files I make. I even tried that but evidently did not put the right files in the right place.
December 09, 2017, 10:48
Dr. Debbie Irvine

One of our IHC185 Members, Bill Selover, sells under the name "partimeart" has both book and cd formats for Illinois.

For only $15.00 you can purchase his CD here:

American Pocket Watches Volume Two, Illinois Watch Company

Lindell keeps his Illinois CD on the desktop for immediately available and reliable information.

Debbie

Smile

December 18, 2017, 19:32
Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
Just got my copy in today!
December 19, 2017, 05:56
Dr. Debbie Irvine

Harry,

Glad to hear - excellent resource!

Smile