Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

One of the last Illinois 12s Watches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
From my collection, I thought I would share this 17 jewel 12s Illinois Grade 127 with a serial number of 5581976. This watch is from the last listed 12 size run in the Ehrhardt and Meggars book (5,581,000 to 5,582,100) so this is one of the last 12 size watches made by Illinois after they were taken over by Hamilton.

John III

IHC Member 1508
posted
Nice one John. I can see right off the tell tale Hamiltonisms, such as the 127 grade number, and the friction fit balance jewel setting. My 169 has all that. Regards, Brad

posted
I have a very similar piece in sterling. Do you have any idea as to the approximate value. It is in fine working condition. Thank you.

-Ian Costello

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of John J. Flahive III
posted
Ian,

Sorry I just found your post. I think the value of the watch is about $100, possibly more in sterling silver as those cases are harder to find.

Best regards,

John III

posted
I picked up a 127 for $50 a few weeks ago, and the dial isnt in great shape, but the case is nice. It was fun to take it apart with the press fit balance jewels.
I am trying to pick up a few more yellow gold cased watches because of the scrapping that is happening. I am also attempting to improve my picture taking slightly.