Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

19J gr. 706 question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
I have a nice 16s 19 jewel lever-set bridge model 9, SN 3969617, adjusted 3 positions.It is a gr. 706 I think.I know these were street railway grade and are pretty common.This has gold colored screws and regulator.What seems unusual to me is, all of the pictures I have seen, and advertising, show a narrow striped line damaskeen pattern.Mine has a circular line pattern, that starts with spotted circular lines out as far as the edge of the gold center wheel.Anyone else seen one with this variation of damaskeening?Unfortunately I can't post a picture of it.Thank you, Ted.

IHC Member 1357
posted
Theodore,I have one Gr.706,mod.9,21 jewels,s/n3122914=1917,Red Lettering,"TEXAN" that I believe has the damaskeen that you have on yours.
Regards
Roger

g

IHC Member 1357
posted
Movt

g

IHC Member 1357
posted
Movt.2

f

IHC Member 1110
posted
That's a sharp looking Illinois Roger! Never seen that one before.That damaskeening is a little different,though.Mine is similar to a Ball watch, all the circular lines are concentric with just those around the center spotted.Illinois made so many different name watches, and so many grades it gets a little confusing.I've seen a lot of these that are like yours and mine, but all of them had the straight-line pattern.Thanks for posting it, and Merry Christmas!...Ted.

posted
Ted, this movement photo shows the circular damaskeening that you describe for your watch.

Illinois gr 706

IHC Member 1110
posted
Thanks Bob!That's it.I don't have an Illinois book to look it up in, I guess there must be many more like mine out there,I've just never seen one before this. Thanks once again , Ted.

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

One of our IHC185 Members, Bill Selover, sells under the name "partimeart" has both book and cd formats for Illinois.

ILLINOIS American Pocket Watches VolumeTwo Roy Ehrhardt

Hope this helps,

Debbie

Smile

IHC Member 1357
posted
Theodore,I have the Illinois CD and it is very helpful.The movt. I showed is a private label"TEXAN" 340 made.So is not very common.
Regards
Roger