Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fitting & Installation of Pocket Watch Hands "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
This is another in a series of Helping Hand presentations. Many of the procedures depicted are also applicable to most uncomplicated wristwatches.

I want to sincerely thank those who provide review and comments. Without all of us sharing our expertise these presentations would not be possible.

I now present to you "Fitting & Installation of Pocket Watch Hands"

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
Great, easy to follow presentation John. You really go way above and beyond any reasonable call of duty. You are an incredible asset to the brave new world of internet horology. Long live John Duvall and Chapter 185. Well done indeed. Many, many, sincere thanks.
B

Posts: 97 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: December 21, 2002
posted
Once again, a wealth of knowledge to be had here.

I just want to echo Brians comments John, you are truly an asset to this growing chapter.

Keep up the great work!

Aaron

Posts: 945 | Location: Geneva, Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
John, thanks for another great presentation.They are withouta doubt very educational. I look forward to your next one.

Frank Juchniewicz

Posts: 440 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
Excellent presentation John. Very informative and well done!! Thanks for doing these, and thanks also to Steve and Ed for reviewing them.

Mike Miller

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Frank & Mike, thanks for the kind comments.

To all,

Some of the slides have mouseable content and URL links. It should work if you're using Internet Explorer. Some of it should work if your using Netscape and I'm not sure what will work with other browsers. Please let me know what you find or can't find and the browser you are using.

All you have to do is hover your mouse pointer over certain areas on the slide. Here are the slide numbers and the area to hover over:

4 (Discussion) - Bunn Special picture

3 (Introduction) - "Internet Horology Chapter" and our web address to join.

5 (Index) - Any of the slide headings.

6 (Conclusion) - Picture of Elgin watch.

Thanks! Wink

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
Thanks for much! I just got into touble with some hands falling off a watch.

I know what I"ll be doing for the next few nights.

Jessica

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003
posted
John,

What a great tutorial!! Pretty nifty how you slipped in the credits for the watch pictures.

Thanks so much for the great help that you give to all of us. Smile Wink

Phil Dellinger

Picture of Jessica Lane
posted
By the way, John, where do I sign up for the house calls? I might need some remedial instruction--it's inspiring, but several levels beyond what I can do.

Jessica

Posts: 834 | Location: New York, New York U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Great job John! Thanks!!

Tom Seymour
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 155
Bulova Watchmaker

Picture of Rich Kuhn
posted
Wonderful job I hope people use this. I see alot of bad jobs.

Rich Kuhn

IHC Member 155

Smile

Posts: 896 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: December 16, 2002