Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Identification of Watch Repair Tools & Equipment "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
It’s been awhile since the last presentation so I hope this makes up for it!

For this presentation, the “Tools” section of the 1938 C&E Marshall catalog was scanned. These were some of the tools that were available to the trade in 1938.

Depending upon your screen resolution, you may have to scroll horizontally and/or vertically. For those using PC’s, I recommend using the “Page Down”, “End” or down cursor keys to reach the bottom of each page. If your mouse has a scroll button, you can use it too. At the bottom of each page are navigation buttons. The “INDEX” page will help to narrow down which tools you would like to view without having to page through the entire presentation. Each page group is “clickable”.

So grab your favorite beverage, relax and enjoy the Identification of Watch Repair Tools & Equipment

John D. Duvall
IHC Member 192

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
John,

Thanks for another excellent presentation!

posted
John,
Thank you for the time and effort you put into this valuable service for us.It is most appreciated by everyone.

posted
Thanks John for putting this together.... This is an excellent resource. Now if we could still order the items, we might even be able to fix a few more watches.

Great information for 185 members!

Posts: 539 | Location: Central Illinois in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Thanks John What a great resource for someone like me who sells these tools but still learning what a lot of them are. Smile Now I can sound like I know what I am talking about. Big Grin

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Thank you John, I'll take one of each at those prices.
Great tutorial. Good job!!!

Kind regards,

Bob

Posts: 130 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas U.S.A. | Registered: September 25, 2004
IHC Member 703
posted
John,
Thank you for the great pictures of the watch repair tools. As a novice in watch repair, this will be a great reference for me in the future.

Steve

IHC Member 703

Posts: 41 | Location: Garden City, Missouri USA | Registered: February 21, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Thanks for the kind comments everyone. My next project will be scanning the Army TM 9-1575 manual. It's a great resource for watch information and repair. I'm undecided on the format; PDF or HTML.

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Kenneth Morford
posted
Nice seeing this tutorial again. Thanks John for the great tutorials!!

Posts: 46 | Location: Decatur, Michigan in the USA | Registered: August 01, 2009