Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My 1st Kodak Picture "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Well, I'm still playing with the size but I did get the first one on here! HORAY!!!!
It's of the 141 cases I told you about. It isn't good, it was taken before I read all about how to do it, but it's finally here.
I still need a lot of work on this. Man, I had no idea a program could be so hard to work with.
I know it's a good one, just dumb me, has no idea how to do digital.

my new 141 cases

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Nice and clear Sheila!

Are most of those round movement holders brass? Most of the ones I've seen are tin.

Good progress on the pictures!

Dr. Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5206 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Ted Steuernagel
posted
Sheila, Nice job clear also, maybe Carlos can teach this old dog some new tricks i'm speaking of myself Sheila. TED

Posts: 335 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 23, 2002
posted
Thank you, Thank you! for once I will take the "Good Job" hehe

Debbie, A lot of them are brass, some tin, some are almost like aluminum, but I'm sure they're not, but could be. I posted the numbers that were on the boxes in the Pocket watch MB, mostly Elgins. If you have the watch with one of those numbers on it, the case is yours.

There are some with a crystal on both sides and a few unusual ones too. One is only the size of a nickel on the inside. Pretty small movement huh?

Ted, No problem, I may not be an old dog, but I am old... Old as dirt!!! Big Grin Wink

I really liked the program Carlos listed. I downloaded it, and it works great, but now that I finally got the Kodak program on my computer, I would like to learn that one now. Anything that works is fine with me though. I have been at it for a long while, and I will only do that for so long.

Last, now that I have my colse-up lenses, I have to learn them too. I find that now everything is too close! Ya just have to fight everything. I WILL WIN THIS ONE!!

I hope to have some watches to post tomorrow.
(say a prayer)

Bless,

Sheila

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Way to go Sheila! The first picture is a good one. The floodgates are now open!! I sense a lot of pictures in the future! And....its a good thing!

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
sheila does your camera have digital zoom if so have you tried it yet....i think you will find the digital zoom a very good opiton to use..

the sony i use has 10 power optical zoom and 20 power digital..i use the digital zoom evertime i take a picture of a movement..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Tom, Your right about that, it's a good thing, that is, if you can LEARN it!!! lol
I'm getting there, boy is digital a mess, takes forever to learn. I get there and on the NEXT page it says, but before you do that, do this!!! It's right AFTER you followed the first direction. Go figure! I think that every human being that makes a manual should have to teach it for a year first. That would fix em!

Samie, I have no idea, I do have an adapter and 2 lenses that I purchased extra. Kodak told me to get these 2 lenses with my camera when I wrote to them and asked what I should buy when I want to take a picture of wath movements, and some very, very small parts from the movement, like screws the size of a pinhead. They actually answered too! Anyway, I have a 7X and a 10X lens that can be combined to give me a 17X lense. That should do it. I guess?
My camera does also have a setting for close-ups too. I am suppose to be able to take a picture as close as 2.5 inches from the object even without the extra lenses. I am still reading the manual about the zoom option, info. seems to be a conflict in the manual. Says one thing then another. I will figure it out and let you know.

At least I am STARTING to understand all this.

Whew, digital is hard. I usually learn things in no time, this has burned my brains out!
I won't even begin to talk about the program that comes with it, and then there is the Docking thing. aaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Bless

Sheila