Internet Horology Club 185
Adding graphics to digital photos

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7356029761/m/8551028422

December 31, 2006, 11:43
Sam Williamson
Adding graphics to digital photos
I use Picasa for photos. Can one add drawings and words to a digital photo using this program? I have seen many such shots here, such as circling a problem area on a watch movement.

Sam Williamson

January 02, 2007, 22:30
John D. Duvall
Sam,

Picasa is a great program for keeping track of your photos and performing enhancements. However, I don't believe it will do what you want.

I would recommend Adobe PhotoShop Elements or if you have PowerPoint, you can make up a slide, add pictures and text and whatever else and then save it as a jpg picture. The following are examples of before and after pictures of our city limit sign. I couldn't wait until spring for the sun to totally illuminate the sign without shadows so I made the sign look the way I wanted it to with PhotoShop.

January 02, 2007, 22:34
John D. Duvall
Here is the "after" picture of the sign.

January 02, 2007, 22:44
John D. Duvall
and using PowerPoint to make up whatever you would like and then saving it as a jpg picture.

January 04, 2007, 14:47
John D. Duvall
Sam,

Mike Phelan pointed out that you can use the Windows XP Paint program for lines and circles. Go to Start, Accessories and then look for "Paint".
January 04, 2007, 20:50
Sam Williamson
Thanks for the info John! Yes, I saw that too, will play with both programs when I get a chance. My wife has paintshop pro & she will play also.

Sam Williamson

January 06, 2007, 14:47
Sam Williamson
JD, she used powerpoint & it worked great! Thanks!

Sam Williamson