Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

digital zoom for close up,s "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
I WAS LOOKING AT THE POSTS ON USING A EYELOUPE FOR CLOSE UP,S..I ENJOYED READING THEM...

I USE THE DIGITAL ZOOM FOR CLOSE UP SHOTS AND HAVE FOUND IT WORKS GOOD FOR ME..MAYBE EVERONE ALREDY DOES THIS BUT IF NOT GIVE IT A TRY..

THIS PICTURE WAS DONE WITH THE OPTICAL ZOOM IN A MICRO MODE..THE PICTURE WAS TAKING FREE HAND WITHOUT THE USE OF A TRIPOD AT ABOUT 3 IN. DISTANCE

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
THIS PICTURE WAS TAKING WITH THE DIGITAL ZOOM OF MY CAMERA...

I DID NOT TAKE ANOTHER PICTURE OF THE MOVEMENT,,THIS WAS TOOK FROM THE PICTUE IN MY FRIST POST THAT WAS ALREADY STORED IN MY CAMERA..
I JUST USED THE DIGITAL ZOOM TO TAKE THIS PICTURE OF THE IMAGE ..

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
THESE LAST 2 PICTURES WRE TAKING WITH THE DIGITAL PORTION OF THE CAMERA ..ALL THREE PICTURES ARE FROM ONE SHOT..THE FRIST OPTICAL ZOOM THE last 2 DIGITAL

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Samie,

Great shots of a very nice watch! Wonderful job!! Did you mean to say "macro" or does your camera refer to it as "micro" (little tulip icon)?

I believe many of our members and guests use loupes because their cameras do not have macro mode.

If anyone is ready to upgrade but don't want to spend major bucks, recommend you check out the Nikon 950's for auction on eBay. These are high quality 2MP cameras with good macro capabiltiy. They have been selling for around $100-$200. Many have seen very light use. Personally, I want a camera that will do it all without having to install other lenses and accessories. I currently use a Nikon 4500.

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
hi yes the little tulip icon is what i meant ...most digital cameras today have the macro mode but not all..i use a sony camera i like them as well as the nikon cameras..nikon makes a great camera..

i bought the camera i use now in 2000 a sony mvc-fd95..it is 10 power opitcal 20 power digital
if a camera that is say 3x4 power it will be 3 power opitcal and 4 power digital..the optical zoom will be used when you take a picture ---and the digital zoom will only be used after you have taken the picture ..

digital zoom allows you to take a picture of a picture already stored on you media card.

posted
Thanks Sammie nice watch and great pictures.I have digital zoom and macro but i like the loupe idea for focusing on very small things.

IHC Life Member
posted
Samie,

The Sony Mavica line are fine cameras. I was happy with my first camera; a Nikon 900 and just stayed with Nikons.

I believe my camera will zoom to a certain point and then it's a digital zoom beyond that (or is that my digital camcorder?). However, I'm not sure if my camera interpolates in macro mode. Gosh, I better get both books out before I get over my head! Big Grin

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
I have been asked to explain ditigal zoom and how it works....I will try to ,,,this is what i do for a picture using ditigal zoom.

STEP 1=WITH YOUR CAMERA IN MACRO MODE TAKE A CLOSE UP PICTURE OF A WATCH DIAL OR MOVEMENT..

STEP2=WITH THE PICTURE STORED ON YOUR MEMORY STICK OR STORAGE CARD,,PUT YOUR CAMERA ON PLAYBACK OR REVIEW AND WHILE YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PICTURE ON YOUR LED ,,TAKE THE ZOOM IN AND OUT BUTTTON ON YOUR CAMERA ZOOM IN ON THE PICTURE...THE OBJECT MAY MOVE OFF CENTER IF IT DOES TAKE THE LEFT-RIGHT AND UP-DOWN BUTTONS AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO CENTER THE PICTURE..

STEP3===WHILE YOU ARE ZOOMED IN ON THE PICTURE ALREADY ON YOUR CAMERA HIT THE SHUTTER BUTTON AND TAKE A PICTURE,,YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE 2 PICTURES ON YOUR STORAGE CARD....WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IS TAKING A PICTURE OF A PICTURE THAT IS ALREADY ON YOUR CAMERA .

I AM NOT MUCH OF A HAND AT EXPLAINING ANYTHING..HOPE IT HELPS A LITTLE..

IHC Life Member
posted
Samie,

I don't think my Nikon will do that. Sounds like a neat feature though...

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Samie,
Great post! I have the tulip on mine and will try it. On my camera I can make the picture bigger from the original by pushing a button but don't know if I can take a picture of the picture yet, but will sure try it.
I have gotten serious with my camera and am getting better, but it takes a lot of practice.
Ed told me about some lighting help and that seems to be the biggest problem I have lately.
Your pictures are great, thanks for sharing them with us.

PS This is a picture I took with a loupe before learning my camera a little better. Will post the new one if my camera does what yours does.

PSS This is also a junk watch I was going to take apart, but it works too good to mess with.
Still trying to find a junk watch to take apart!
Guess I will have to wait until I learn this camera huh? (check out the screws on this baby!)

Sheila

LaBerta

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004