Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New Camera--ProScope USB Microscope "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
I got this D. Hanlon watch in a box of parts watches. This has got to be the filthiest watch I've seen, but it has some things that don't make sense. On the one hand it has a lot of decorations, on the other the workmanship seems shoddy.

A Google search suggests this is a Swiss fake, and that the "jewels" are cosmetic, which makes sense since they all seem to have cap jewels, which doesn't make sense for the jewel count.

Anyway, I've enjoyed playing with my new ProScope USB microscope. Still trying to get the lighting figured out. It has a 1x to 10x lens, and a 50x lens, both with built in LED lighting.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
Dial side...

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
Nice pattern under the barrel...

Oh and I cleaned the top of one of the "jewels"..

IHC Life Member
posted
...and the dirtiest pallet I've ever seen. This must have been a coal miners watch with holes in the case. Yuck!