Internet Horology Club 185
Digital Camera's

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7356029761/m/428105637

November 12, 2004, 13:50
Wayne C. Anderson
Digital Camera's
Has any 185 members had the opportunity to try out the new Olympus C-8080? A bit pricey, but the specifications sure look good, and the image quality is rated as outstanding.
November 15, 2004, 21:05
Sheila Gilbert
Hi Wayne,
I have never used this camera, however everything I have read about it is very good.
I really like that it has 8 megapixels, and is faster than any other out there. The ability to do so much with it, is what I read that everyone likes the most about it too. Seems close-ups are real easy with this one. However the one thing they all say is just like all new digitals it takes time to learn it, but is actually easy once you know how it works.
If you find one of those sites like Digicam that talks about cameras you will get the information abou them. Someone here gave me that site for my camera and it helped.

The c-8080 looks like a really nice camera.

There will be lots of good sales on cameras at christmas time, especially right before and right after. Good Luck!

Sheila
November 17, 2004, 10:38
Wayne C. Anderson
Sheila,
Olympus also has good web support - check out www.olympus.com - I am currently using an Olympus C-4000Zoom digital - their LEARN support is great.
November 22, 2004, 17:44
Sheila Gilbert
Wayne,
I sure forgot the MOST IMPORTANT part didn't I?
The support is more important to me these days than anything else. Nothing like getting it from the makers!
I've had wonderful help from Kodak. Without them, I don't know what I would have done about learning a digital camera, let alone, what I needed to know when it comes to close-ups.
It's sure worth going with a camera that offers all the perks in the areas we are most interested in.

Sheila