Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Square One "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
The monitor went out on my digital Nikon 885 while I was out of town. I took it to a camera shop for a check but it appears to be a goner. Frown

Sooo, I'm at square one again after two years in the market for an EASY TO USE, uncomplicated digital camera with of course, an auto MACRO setting. And we all know why! Smile

Who else to ask your opinions but you guys and girls.

I may stick with the Nikon Coolpix line. Did a little reading on the Coolpix 4200.

What do you think? Can you offer any suggestions regarding a camera? Also, who would you recommend purchasing a camera from?

Looking forward to info! Can't live without my digital camera for very long. Frown Roll Eyes Smile

Price range - $200. - $250.

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Stephanie,
too bad about your camera. I recently bought a Canon A95 which I like. You may want to check it out, it's in the price range you mentioned.

I bought mine off the internet, I searched http://www.pricegrabber.com for the best price.

Dave Freeman
IHC Member 321

Posts: 976 | Location: Texas in the U.S.A. | Registered: January 27, 2004
Picture of Larry Pepple
posted
Stephanie
check your Email I sent you one
Larry Pepple lry5006@hotmail.com

Larry Pepple

Posts: 47 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana USA | Registered: March 09, 2004
posted
Hi Dave,

I'll check out Canon A95.

Larry,
I rec'd your email. I will check out Coolpix 4800 as well.

Others? Who's got the best prices on the internet? I need a digital camera, like, yesterday. Smile I could be capturing devastating pictures of my area for all to see. It really is unbelievable. Frown So sad.

Stephanie O'Neil

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Steph,

I looked at used 885's on eBay and they were selling for around $120-$150.

Have you checked with Nikon to see what the repair might cost?

My personal favorite is the Nikon 4500.

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Hey John D.
Welcome back.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Stephanie I like both the Nikon and Sony cameras..
a freind of mine wanted to start selling on ebay and did not own a digital camera,,i went with him to best buy and took a look at their cameras,,he bought a nikon Coolpix for 329.00 that does a great job both on closeup,s and large pictures.

I like the sony cameras i am not saying they are the best just what i have got used to..

The frist digital camera i ever bought i had no idea what i needed so i went to a bestbuy store in Lexington Ky. and asked who here knows all about digital cameras...The salesperson said wait here i know who you need to talk to,, out comes this Kid who didn,t look old enough to drive (but) this was one sharp young man..Come to find out he was going to collage at UK.

I told him what i needed was a camera to take pictures up real close with good detail,,i gave him a house key and said i want something that will take a detailed picture of this..

Before i left i was able to load pictures to a computer with my camera and knew how to use the digital zoom feature..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
New Camera In Hand!

I went with a Nikon Coolpix 4800 and received my new camera today. Will take subject as close as 1cm/0.4. Can't wait to get going with this one. Of course, I have plenty of reading and learning to do before I take my first picture.

Thanks guys for your input.

Stephanie O'Neil