Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Double Roller Closeup "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
I'm still struggling with the new Nikon 4500. Hopefully I will be getting my brighter full spectrum bulbs in the mail. This picture was compressed quite a bit to get it down to the current file size. It does give you an idea of the amazing macro capabilities. I will take some more closeups when I get my new CFL bulbs.

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
John,
Great shot!
These new cameras can sure do a lot, although they can be a challenge to figure out. I believe lighting is the key.

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

posted
Great closeup John, if i ever get another camera i may look into Nikon.I can,t get a shot like that on my Cannon A40.
Keep up the great shots, i am sure you will figure it out and amaze us even more.

IHC Member 261
Chapter 111,Ottawa
NAWCC Member 158976,
Nepean, Canada

IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Thanks Phil & Kevin. I was ready to send the camera back because the colors were off. I had taken some pictures of my front yard and the green grass appeared brownish. Come to find out, my monitor's colors were off!

I built my computer using a high quality ATI video card and added a Viewsonic PF790 19" monitor that was highly rated. That was two years ago and over that time period, the color balance had changed. I was able to tweak the video card and now my colors are much better. My old Nikon 950 pictures look better too.

Just goes to prove that one should never jump to conclusions about new equipment.

John D. Duvall
Vice President, Education

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003