Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Shadows in pictures-How Can They Be Avoided? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
We talked of reflections in pictures. What about shadows in pictures? How could this have been avoided? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
You need a light box, or some other type of diffuser to even out the lighting - in the photo all the light is from the same direction causing the shadow - for close up photo's I have found the Ott Lamp to provide very natural light (I use two lamps, spaced 180 degress apart).

Also with today software, some items can be corrected/reduced. But the best results are obtained by practice - take 50 photo's and note each lighting/background condition and review -

[This message was edited by Wayne C. Anderson on September 08, 2003 at 7:47.]

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
The way I avoid this situation is to control the light source, and know where the direction of light is coming from.

When looking through the viewfinder, look at all of the field of view and not just the object. It is really amazing what your camera will pick up that your eye just doesn't see!

I usually take 10-20 scans to get the desired picture.

Best advice is practice, practice, practice!

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Wayne C.,
Thanks for the information you provided. I'm sure info. will come in handy when I start taking pics.

Phil D.,
And thanx for your information as well.

Smile

Stephanie O'Neil
NAWCC Member 143979

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003