WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My wall clock stops every time it gets ready to chime. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
My wall clock stops every time it gets ready to chime.

Hello. I have a Spiegel Wall Clock 77-4600. It's a standard wall clock with pendulum movement, chime, 30 day winding springs. It's been in quiet storage for 5 years. I've put it back on the wall. It runs well, but it stops completed two minutes before the chime. I'm a novice. Can you assist?

Posts: 2 | Location: Riverside, California in the USA | Registered: August 10, 2014
IHC Member 43
posted
Hi Trey, The movement probably needs to be taken out of the case for a thorough cleaning and oiling.

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
Thank you Curly! Since I'm a novice, I'll have to do some research on the best methods to clean a delicate movement and what kind of oil to use. Any comments you might have are welcome. Thanks again!

Posts: 2 | Location: Riverside, California in the USA | Registered: August 10, 2014