• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Page 1 2 
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ann Elizabeth Riddle: Villanova Graduate with Masters #1 "Click" to Login or Register 
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Once again...

Lindell and I are very proud of our daughter Ann Elizabeth Riddle as she has received her Master of Arts, Political Science along with a Certificate in Non-Profit Management from Villanova University.

Administrative Assistant
posted

Before "suiting-up" on graduation day image...

Administrative Assistant
posted

Sparky in her Villanova Master of Arts, Political Science Graduation Gown...

Administrative Assistant
posted

Friday, May 18th...

Villanova campus-wide ceremony for all class of 2018 graduates on the football field.

Administrative Assistant
posted

Fortunately, the predicted 100% chance of rain held off during the outside ceremony (although very windy and definite loud booms of thunder sometimes drowned out speakers).

As there were some 2,500 graduates, the Friday afternoon event organizers simply had each student stand as they were recognized.

Administrative Assistant
posted

Back of Masters in Political Science Department "ivory-white hood" (each department has different colors - in two years when Sparky receives her second Villanova Masters Degree which will be in Public Administration, she will wear a "peacock blue hood") along with the special Master's Degree Gown with "wings" as shown on right at link and immediately below...

Administrative Assistant
posted

Saturday May 19th...

Unfortunately, the Saturday Graduation Ceremony specifically for Masters Degree recipients was scheduled to take place on the football field as well - it got rained out! So there was a last minute scramble to re-organize as an indoor ceremony.

Here is "Sparky" Ann Elizabeth Riddle walking across the stage for recognition...

Administrative Assistant
posted

Names of all 2018 Political Science Masters on the screen...

Administrative Assistant
posted

Due to health issues Lindell was unable to attend the graduation ceremonies, however Sparky's grandma, my mother did.

The rain let up for a little while later on so three generations of women in my family - each of whom have now achieved Masters Degrees in their respective fields - took a campus tour together...

Administrative Assistant
posted

Two of Sparky's Hiram College townhouse roommates Ashley and Deanna drove over 9 hours from Ohio to Villanova to acknowledge our daughter's accomplishment! Sparky was happy they were able to share her very special day.

(They plan to fly to Villanova in 2020 for Sparky's next graduation!) Smile

Administrative Assistant
posted

Sparky will be staying on at Villanova to achieve her second Masters which will be in "Public Administration with a Certificate in City Management" in the Villanova 2020 Graduating Class. The Department of Political Science Chair, Dr. Catherine Wilson is just one of the professors that are happy to encourage Sparky in continuing her education.

Administrative Assistant
posted

In the meantime, Sparky will be serving an internship this summer for an important non-profit organization in Philadelphia and she will be taking additional courses at Villanova over the summer as well.

Administrative Assistant
posted

So you can see why Lindell and I are so very proud of our little girl!

Smile

IHC Life Member
Sergeant at Arms
Picture of Scott A. Whittey
posted
BULLY BULLY Lili'uokalani Sparky BULLY BULLY
your Ohana is very proud of you

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Congratulations Sparky! Stay engaged in what you believe in! Those like you have the knowledge and power to affect positive change in our society! Your mom and dad have good cause to be very proud of you!

William White
White's Crystal Mfg.

IHC Member 1693
posted
Wow Very nice, Congrats Sparky !! Well Done.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Congratulations Sparky, you made your family proud, including your IHC185 family. Keep up the great work, we look forward to hearing about your future progress.

Picture of Brian C.
posted
Great going, Sparky. Mom and Dad and all of us here on 185 are very proud of you. Heck, I'm so old I can remember when you were a little kid on here. Smile Keep up the good work.
Brian C.

IHC Member 1613
posted
Good job Sparky...Villanova is a great school...My daughter got her law degree from there about 5 years ago...Congrats...

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Congrats Sparky
Wish you the best in your coming years.
Tony

posted
She has really gone far , I hope the rest of her life is as rewarding as her education was .

Administrative Assistant
posted

Thanks everyone for your kind words!

Sparky has been intensely researching two different topics for her internship at the non-profit organization as well as working on projects for classes.

She has read your nice comments and will comment in the coming days. Smile