• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Staking tools interchange "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was going through my staking tools, I have 2 sets 1 is well used and seems to be a hodge podge of several sets , mostly kd , the other is marked only FR on the stakes, and i am missing a few , I was hoping to pick up a partial set and wondered which sets work with kd ??

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Life Member
posted
Most stakes will interchange, definitely Marshall, Levin and K & D. Stakes are all 4.5mm/.185"/#13 drill. Not sure about stumps.
Regards,
Bob

Posts: 218 | Location: Oak Harbor, Washington in the USA | Registered: May 21, 2009
posted
thanks Bob, Maybe the smart thing would be to buy a good set and sell the other 2 , but I do enjoy bidding and putting a set toghther

IHC Member 2030
posted
Kevin
I’m in the same boat with two sets, neither complete. This is where patience comes into play searching for the right bit. Nothing is easy or fast, the joy of tinkering . Good thing we don’t play with watches for a living. Truly respect those who do.
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015
posted
Right you are Mike , The investment a watch maker puts in tools is quite large , I am watching a couple KD set now , I will get back to you if I get one . At the moment I do have a bunch of small stumps if you needed them .