WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

QUIZ TIME! WHAT IS THIS TOOL? [Answer Balance Calipers] "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Roddy J. Brunton
posted
TRYING TO FIGURE OUT EXACTLY WHAT THIS DOES -ANY IDEAS?
It is just over 4 inches long so not overly robust?
Pic 1

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
posted
Is it a form of balance calipers? Are there holes for the balance pivots in the prongs on the end?

Posts: 222 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: June 12, 2011
IHC Life Member
posted
I thought it looked like it might be but I have never seen one this style.

Roddy JB

Posts: 1385 | Location: Richmond, British Columbia in Canada | Registered: January 07, 2009
IHC Life Member
posted
Michael, I was trying to adjust the pics for a better look and seem to have screwed it up on my computer, I'll try to get the pic back up.

Roddy JB

IHC Life Member
posted
Hi,
I don't know what I did with the original picture but I found a pic of another. It is indeed a balance truing caliper. You were right Michael.

Roddy JB