• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Regulators "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was just wondering what people think is the best regulator design in a pocket watch. My personal favorite is the traveling nut design used by Elgin. I dislike the ones with the whip and screw because not only are some of the screws really small, they are usually placed where a slip of the driver could possibly hit the hairspring. The Elgin design permits fine adjustment and needs no other tools but a needle or toothpick.

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
PWDB Elgin Regulators

You are right about the travelling nut however I like the looks of the Teske regulator used on Hampdens.

PWDB Hampden Regulators

In order to look at the regulators for different makers you must search a serial number from that particular maker then when you get the results click on "regulators".

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
Okay so the one I like is called the "Moseley"

Posts: 328 | Location: Plattsburgh, New York in the USA | Registered: December 17, 2012
posted
My favorite is the Hampden star

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015