Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Favorite combined Jewelling and Staking Outfit "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 3058
Picture of Douglas Downer-Smith
posted
Hello
I have one of these Swiss made sets that has been re-boxed. It is a great outfit which I purchased principally for the faceplate and therefore the ability to upright. There are a few gaps in the box and I would like to have some idea what this outfit might have contained when first available - so a copy of a catalogue or user manual would be nice if some one would like to assist, thank you.
Regards
Douglas

Doug

Posts: 19 | Location: Hemel Hempstead in the United Kingdom | Registered: November 12, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
is this the Favorite staking tool you have Douglas? If so they are just a magnificent tool Big Grin

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 3058
Picture of Douglas Downer-Smith
posted
Hi Tom and thanks for your interest.

The set I have is where the anvil is modelled on the Seitz jewelling tool pattern and of similar size. The set has an adapter to be able to use standard 4.7mm Favorite staking punches (which are longer than say Bergeon, Boley or Leinen) as well as Seitz pattern inserts for normal jewelling. There are individual staking stumps take different diameters of work pieces but no centering punch is required. I have yet to take a photo, but I hope you 'get the picture'?
Regards
Douglas

Doug

Posts: 19 | Location: Hemel Hempstead in the United Kingdom | Registered: November 12, 2010
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
This is my other Favorite tool. is this the one?

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009