Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

16s John C. Dueber "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
I recently got a model 4 16s 21J John C. Dueber lever-set RR watch.I've wanted one forever and finally was able to get one at an affordable price.It looks and runs great.These are a really scarce watch.I noticed one thing that may be wrong on this one, it has a flush non-gold jewel setting for the center wheel ,all the rest are raised gold.I was wondering if anyone else has one of these and if their center jewel setting is gold, or like mine.I'm thinking that that jewel may have got broken sometime, and was replaced with a regular one.I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, I'm just happy to finally get a J.C.D.!

[Auction image inserted]

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1555
posted
I have one of these Ted, it does not have raised gold settings, the settings are gold but level with the plates. I have seen another 3 of these all with gold jewel settings, but all jewels level with the plates also. Can you post a picture when you get a chance?

[Auction image inserted]
[Movement number: 2466258]

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1110
posted
Hi Bila and thanks.

This one has all gilt screws and has that huge gold setting on the balance, I don't know if they all do,this is the only one I've seen in person.I took a nice picture of it with my phone, but I don't know how to send them to here,this computer stuff is way over my head!! Thank you, Ted.

[Auction image inserted]

IHC Member 1110
posted
Many thanks to Debbie for helping me out with the pictures.This watch looks much better than it does in the auction pictures.It was apparently recased ,it has another set of screw marks.It is a nice B&B 20 yr. case though.I should get it into a nice Dueber case.

IHC Member 1110
posted
To Bila- Is your John C. Dueber a 17- jewel by any chance? That may explain the difference in jewel settings.They were made in 17 & 21 jewels.

IHC Member 1555
posted
21 jewel Ted, I tried to access that Ebay listing but it come up as no listing, I see you have posted a photo. thank you.

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Ted,

You are welcome!

Smile

Posts: 5206 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002