Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden 310/Primus Case "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
I just got this item from the big auction site. It's a Hampden 310 12s 17j in a Primus case. Serial 2921471, dating it to roughly 1912. Paid $88 plus shipping. I haven't seen many of these 12s Primus cases and this is the first 310 I've added to my collection. The movement and dial look a little rough in the images the seller posted, but I was more interested in the case anyway. Judging by lack of additional screw marks, this may be an original combination. It appears to me that, barring any major issues, the movement and dial may be easily cleaned up.

Anyone care to comment on the Hampden 310 and/or Primus cases?

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted

Posts: 310 | Location: Portland, Oregon in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2010
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted

Picture of Chris Hughes
posted

Picture of Chris Hughes
posted

Picture of Chris Hughes
posted

Picture of Chris Hughes
posted

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Very nice item Chris,

A marked "Primus" case is very special.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Chris Hughes
posted
I've been looking around for a Hampden in a Primus in either 16 or 18 size for a while now. I've seen a few come and go, but none in a condition and at a price that I liked. This is only the second time I've heard of a 12 size Primus. The price was right too.

IHC Member 1110
posted
Nice find, Chris.Primus cases in any size seem scarce, and that whole watch should be a keeper.310's are a really nice high grade Hampden! Regards, Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008