Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Which model Deuber Hampden wristwatch is this? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1063
posted
I recently acquired a Deuber Hampden that looks like a square version of the Man O' Fashion but with a 7-J, 8 size movement. I don't recall seeing one like it. Any ideas?

Posts: 242 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: February 07, 2008
IHC Member 1063
posted
Sorry about the spelling error. I invert those two letter all the time.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome aboard Dana!

You'll find IHC185 is a friendly and informative Wink place to enjoy our hobby.

About your watch, if it is a really BIG watch it's possible that a 6-size 7-Jewel was placed in a wristwatch case. If on the other hand it's an 8-0 that is similar looking to the Man O' Fashion take a look at the image below.

Shown on the top and lower-left the Dueber-Hampden (don't feel lonesome, spelling Dueber is like pronouncing tomato!) watch known as "Play Boy" which was a lower priced entry available in both 7 and 15-Jewels and cased in engraved white or green Gold-Filled cases. The image below is one of many advertisements reproduced in "Springfield to Moscow" available at our IHC185 "Two Book Offer" special price.

Again, Welcome to IHC185 Membership,

Lindell

Page 67 of "Springfield to Moscow, the Dueber-Hampden Story"...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 1063
posted
Thanks for the quick response, Lindell. It looks like the "Play Boy" is a definite match.

Thanks again,
Dana