WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The "Electric Railway Standard" From Meggers Collection "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
An Outstanding Find! Beautiful Case...

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Yes it is!!

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
Really nice!! I like the Mckinnley watches.Have a few of them.
Roger

Posts: 4088 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
The card says the dial was changed, as I would expect, since it wouldn't have come on this 21-jewel Wm McKinley RRG movement.

I have a 19-jewel Hampden Electric Railway Standard example (movement #1897655) which I bought right here in the IHC mart:

Auction Link

and I believe to be correct, with the same dial as shown above, but with the movement marked "Railway" (see photo).

19-Jewel Hampden Electric Railway Standard Movement

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Those are some nice looking watches.

The Hampden Watch Co. book by Hernick and Arnold shows that dial on page 56 fronting serial #2,074,275 which is a grade No. 107. On page 144 serial #2,074,105 is listed in addition to the previous serial number as Electric Railway Standard on dial.

RR

Below is some information from the Hampden database.

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010