Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

HAMPDEN WATCH INFO PLEASE "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
INFORMATION NEEDED ON 18 SIZE HAMPDEN SERIAL #1866648. THANK YOU

Charlie

Posts: 13 | Location: Oak City, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: June 07, 2013
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Charlie, welcome to IHC185, you have come to the right place.

While there are many sites a collector can use for serial number look-ups this is presently the most comprehensive. You may as well bookmark it as you will find yourself visiting it many times.

I see your serial number has been recorded there, was that you?

pocketwatchdatabase.com

There are some inaccuracies but as more observations are correctly input it will become even better.

If you are unable to provide some of the information needed please post a picture of the dial and movement and perhaps someone here can assist you.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Charlie,
Another good Hampden reference is the Hernick and Arnold book. And while Hampden information is sketchy, it does publish a serial number reference, but is not complete.
Unfortunately your serial number is not in the book.
The two examples before and after that number don't help much either, since the previous known number is a 17J hunter cased Dueber Grand.
And the next number in sequence after yours is a 7j open face Champion.

A picture or two would be of great help.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi Charlie,

Along with the info already given here is a little more, Yours is a Dueber Grand, Model 4 Adjusted 1903.

Total of 36,200 made approximately, there were 13 variations made through-out the 36,200. In your style of variation, approximately just under 10,000 were produced.

Cheers,
Bila

Posts: 2260 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Bila,

Where did you find that?

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Thanks Lorne, Dave and Bila for the information. I am selling the watch on Ebay and it will be on sale Thursday, Jan. 15 at 3Razzm PST. Pictures will be available then. Thanks again for your input. I would post pictures but I do not know how, I will try to find out how to do that.

Charlie

Posts: 13 | Location: Oak City, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: June 07, 2013
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Charles

Extremely large images cannot be viewed by those with slower internet connections or smaller screens. Due to those considerations and to avoid overloading storage capacity our system is set up to not accept poster size images.

>> Proper size: 640 X 480 Pixels
>> Resolution: approximately 72 Pixels/Inch

Click here: How to Photograph Your Watches and Clocks

In there you will find information about sizing your images and posting them on our site.

Click these other links:

HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR IHC185 DISCUSSION SITE

PICASA - EXCELLENT FREE IMAGE PROGRAM

Hope this helps,

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5207 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Thanks Debbie, I will check that out.

Charlie