Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Different damaskeening patterns "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
How many of the South Bend movements like the 211 had three different patterns?
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Tony

I know for sure that the 18s 304 has two different patterns (zig-zag and a straight-line).

Keith

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Keith Can you post any photos of the damaskeening of the 304?

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Come on South Bend experts--Help me----------
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Tony, that is a good question. Frank may have the answer already.

When get some time I will look at my watches. I don't have more than one of most of the watches but I will look at the ones I have that are the same grade.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Awesome question. Off the top of my head I can only think of the 281 that also had three distinct damaskeening patterns. I think over half of the 16s watches had at least two different patterns. But I know that there are some mysteries with the 18s watches, with damaskeening patterns being changed in the the middle of the run.

I have looked into the changes of the patterns before for some specific watches. In the years between 1905-1909 there were several random changes. In the 1923-1924 period with the changeover of holding companies there were quite a few changes. Those are the best time periods to look in. But the 18s changes are very hard to peg. I'm working on it though. Big Grin

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004