Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Columbus Parts Needed "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I have a Columbus 6s Watch that needs parts. Can anyone recommend a source? I believe it needs at least a balance wheel, bow, and lens. I will try to post a photo.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Here is the face of the Columbus 4s.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Ernie,

At first I did a double-take at your watch and the "4-size" reference. I sat and stared at your movement not recalling having seen one before. Then I got into my tray of ladies South-Bend and related Columbus and there it was! Turns out I have a 7-Jewel, 6-size very similar to yours, so 6-size Wink it is.

Except for the bow and crystal, the other parts you need are most likely going to come from another watch. We are in a "survival-of-the-fittest" mode, the attrition continues. For more exposure, we can link this topic into "Wanted to Buy" forum and "Watch Repair Questions and Answers" area.

Hopefully someone will have a parts movement with the needed items.

Lindell

Here's a similar but complete Columbus 7-Jewel, 6-size...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
Thanks, Lindell. At first I thought it was a 6s but when I put the gauge form Shugart and Engle on it the dial and chassis was smaller than the gauge for 6s so I assumed it was a 4s when I looked for the reference under Columbus watches. According to their reference Columbus made two 4s watches. But, I am just a novice so I don't yet know what I am doing.

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
Do you fix the watches yourself?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: October 08, 2004
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I only do minor repairs now but i am still learning. I use an old local watch repairman for the serious repairs. But I am willing to send this watch to someone if they can help.

Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I have sent this watch to a reputable watch repair person in our club. Hopefully, it can be repaired and get new life once again.