Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

South Bend 0s in wrist watch case-any guesses? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi everyone,

I just purchased this South Bend 0 size in a wrist watch case on ebay for less than fifty dollars. The auction ended in the middle of the night, and I did not wait up to place my bid. Smile As you can see the photos were not of good quality, but I decided to take a chance on it since I have a fifteen jewel South Bend movement that needs a case, and I've been looking for a wrist case for a little while now. Hopefully it's not too beat up to make a neat project (I also realize it's missing the stem/crown).

It isn't due to arrive until Monday, so I thought it would be fun to see if anyone wants to speculate (or guess) what movement might be inside? I will be happy even if its a broken seven jewel movement as long as the case is functional, but since it could be anything, I am imagining a grade 150. Big Grin

I will take better pictures and announce the results after it arrives. Anyone?

Posts: 13 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2015
posted
Here is the other picture.

posted
so, that was you overbidding me? Smile I have a few wrist cases usually filled with 0s grade 110 or unmarked 15 to 17 jewels. If this would be grade 150 I will be jealous Big Grin and you very lucky.

Problem here will be crown and stem as it was installed with special sleeve which I never seen on the market. At least socket for crown seems intact. I will wait for better pictures as auction description was slightly enigmatic....

Rafal

Posts: 266 | Location: Wroclaw in Poland | Registered: May 06, 2013
posted
Hi Rafal!
Sorry to keep you in suspense. It was an unmarked grade 120 17 jewel movement, which is nice, since the case turns out to be not quite what I'm looking for after all.

posted
not that bad Smile, usually there is a problem with damasking on winding wheels and those looks ok.

Posts: 266 | Location: Wroclaw in Poland | Registered: May 06, 2013
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
What does the dial look like?

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Here is the dial.