Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

South Bend grade 294 question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi Guys,

Some time ago Ive got grade 294 movement and Im looking for some advise as I have to find proper dial and case now.

Here is movement:

movement

Posts: 266 | Location: Wroclaw in Poland | Registered: May 06, 2013
posted
I have this hunter case for it - J Boss 20years:

hc case

posted
movement is running fine, just need some love and good clean. Now about dial, I know that fancy dial should fit nicely, but what else? Does any one have spare dial which would be correct for this grade?
Appreciate any advise on that.

Rafal

IHC Member 1555
posted
Should be Double sunk and have roman numerals Rafal.

Posts: 2262 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Thanks Bila, I thought no one is reading this forum anymore Smile. I was wondering what would be "standard" dial in this case, like fancy script or Montgomery for 229.

IHC Member 1357
posted
Rafal, my research shows double sunk or fancy,glass enamel. Looking at some 294's posted I would think south Bend in script. Hope this helps.

Roger

Posts: 4088 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
See this thread for the dial on my 293.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Roger is right about the fancy script and Lorne's dial in his link is the perfect match for it. The South Bend literature does say they came with the fancy dial as well, as Roger has alluded to.

I think you find though if you dig a bit deeper, most that have been seen carry the double sunk, roman numeral dial with South Bend in fancy script.

Posts: 2262 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Many thanks Bila, Roger and Lorne for your help. I was doing my own little research but there is so little info and only a few pieces of this grade available online to see dials... and I decided to start this thread. Cheers.