• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

227 and 429 - becoming addicted. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I posted a few days ago about my one and only watch, a 229.. I've decided to get a correct case, dial, etc for it and make it what it was meant to be.

In the meantime I've bought two more really nice South Bends.. A 227 and a 429. Someone save me before I get carried away!

I'm in need of a case screw for the 227 if anyone may have an extra..

Posts: 16 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2012
IHC Life Member
posted
Abandon hope all ye who enter...

Welcome to the compulsion! I'm afraid there's little chance of an intervention, as this place is filled with enablers and addicts (and I mean that in the nicest way Wink)

Funny that you should add South Bends, as I was just thinking that I need to get my hands on a Studebaker and South Bend sometime soon.

Posts: 995 | Location: Pleasanton, California in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2012
posted
Well South Bends are a natural for me.. I grew up in a family of Studebaker car and truck owners. Here at age 22 I've owned nearly a dozen Studes myself, but sold the last one off a few months ago. The watches are a nice alternative, and don't take up nearly the space!

Posts: 16 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2012
posted
Matt-

Honestly I would take the dial off your 227 and put it on your 229. The 227 would look fine with a standard double sunk dial while it is currently carrying a correct dial for a 229. I would have the case screw but am away for christmas right now. I will email you when I get back on it.

Thanks,

Jared

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
Jared, that is exactly what I plan to do; use the 227's dial on the 229.

If anyone has a suitable dial for a 227 they'd like to sell, I would be interested. I have a later "Studebaker" dial I could use on the 227, but I'd rather keep it authentic.

-Matt

posted
Matt-

I have some sitting around, but they won't be cheap! Big Grin

Jared

posted
Well shoot me an email when you get a chance with what you have. mbstude@gmail.com Thanks!

-Matt

posted
Matt-

Not a problem. I will send an email when I get back later this week.

Thanks,

Jared

posted
Played around with a porcelain/ceramic repair kit tonight.. Compare this pic with the first one. Much better than it was.