• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Grade 229 "The Studebaker" "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I posted this in the dial thread but thought I should ask questions in a separate thread.

This belonged to a coworkers family member.

Can anyone tell me how rare this is or the approx insurance value?

Posts: 4 | Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: August 15, 2014
posted
one more

Posts: 4 | Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: August 15, 2014
posted
total production was 6000, for price the best way is to check ebay or price guide. btw. nice watch, dial has a little different font on numbers that what we have seen (at least on 2 of my watches with that dial).

Posts: 266 | Location: Wroclaw in Poland | Registered: May 06, 2013
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

In the 2014 Edition of "Complete Guide to WATCHES" on page 373 your friend's Grade 229 "The Studebaker" is listed with an "average" value of $850 an "extra-fine" value of $1,500 and top condition, essentially "as-new" in every respect at $1,800 if having that information might be of help.

Rafel is correct in that there is more than one version of that particular dial. Look closely at the later version, shown below this posting and you will see it has a somewhat heavier font.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002