• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Looking for a few screws "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all, I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I am in need of several screws for different projects I have collected. If anyone has any of these in their parts bins, or can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful! Smile

#1: I need a gold balance screw for a South Bend 431, (12 size). The head measures 0.77mm in diameter and 0.72mm in height. I only need the one, unless it would be better to replace in pairs to insure that they weigh the same.

#2: I need one domed head plate screw for a South Bend 415 (according to info in the SB forum, only the first series had the domed head screws).

#3: I need one case screw for a South Bend 16 size.

#4: And for something completely different, I need one case screw for an Elgin 760 wristwatch, it's the one missing from the photo.

For the record, I might be responsible for losing the gold balance screw, but the others were all missing when I got them. Big Grin

Of course I am happy to pay shipping and material costs for any of these.

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to getting all of these back into proper condition!

Posts: 13 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2015
posted
I have tons of screws, even some gold balance screws (can't check the size at the moment.)
Problem is they are all mixed and there are thousands of them. Where do you live? I'm in Oregon if you want to drop by. Dave

www.fixmypocketwatch.com

Posts: 16 | Location: Oregon in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2015
posted
Thanks for the offer Dave, I have tons of screws too but none of them fit! Wink

I'm hoping the gold balance screw is not a brand-specific part but I don't know if they are standard sizes or if they must be weighed individually and matched into pairs. What is the usual way to deal with a lost balance screw when one is presented for repair?

I realize some of these might have to come off of junk movements in order to ensure that they are the right part. Obviously having the right part does nothing if you can't find it easily. Maybe you guys are all organized like that but not me.

Thanks again for the response Dave, hopefully others will chime in. All of these parts are out there somewhere, I guess the trick is finding them.

Posts: 13 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska in the USA | Registered: March 08, 2015