• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hunter front lid case repair "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Aloha, I have a large silver hunting case, KWKS, that the front lid only opens 45 degrees. My suspicion is that the lift spring is a replacement and too weak for the job. Is there anyone who can restore this case that does quality work? Mahalo for any help or guidance anyone may provide me with.

Posts: 106 | Location: Honolulu, Hawaii in the USA | Registered: June 12, 2016
IHC Member 1613
posted
Fred,
Try contacting Leon Harris...He is a member of this group...He is very good at case repairs...His email is HarrisLJ@msn.com

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
posted
Aloha Gary, Thank you very much for the referral. I will contact him for certain. Mahalo nui, Fred

posted
Aloha Gary!I took your advice and contacted Leon. I have sent this silver case to him yesterday. Thank you very much for the referral. I will be sure to report on the results when i get the hunter case back. Mahalo, Fred

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Leon is a master when it comes to rebuilding hunter cases. He's done a couple for me in the past, and they came back in practically new factory condition(in my opinion).

You're going to be pleased! Big Grin

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Aloha, I received my KWKS coin silver hunting case back from Leon and the case is PERFECT in all respects both mechanically and visually. It looks and opens as if it were factory NEW. And...the cost was very reasonable. So...I would HIGHLY recommend Leon. Mahalo,

Watchmaker
Picture of Leon Harris
posted
Thanks for the kind words - glad you liked the work.

Posts: 296 | Location: Livingston, Tennessee USA | Registered: May 20, 2006
posted
Aloha, I just received back two hunter cases I sent to Leon to repair. One required alignment of all the covers and one required a lift spring for the front cover with some cover alignment. I am pleased to report that both cases are factory perfect. The cases themselves are worn but the opening, closing, and lid alignment are perfect. And the prices and the turn around time were very reasonable. I am very pleased and would recommend Leon to anyone needing case work done. Very easy to deal with Leon and superlative workmanship. Thank you, Leon. Mahalo, Fred