Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Correcting timing issues "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Just in today, watch has been recently serviced and many other service marks recorded over the years 2000+.
Seems like someone had problem with timing. innovative use of glue!!!!... picture not the best but you get the idea.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Member 1947
Picture of Serge Barlas
posted
Very nice!

I'll have to remember this little trick in future repairs Big Grin

Kindest regards,

Serge

Posts: 276 | Location: Grand Ledge, Michigan in the USA | Registered: April 16, 2014
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Had a closer look, the glue has chunks of metal pressed in.
Just out of curiosity I put the balance in, not surprisingly its way off, no doubt another ebay sale “recently serviced”

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Chris,

Over the years you have shared some real interesting "repairs" that always make me laugh! Smile

Thanks.

Posts: 5207 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Sadly its often a daily event See next! but they got it done real cheap Smile

posted
Chris that is ugly!!! Would have been a lot easier for the "supergluer" to just replace the missing balance screw to bring the watch back to timing. Good luck cleaning that up!! Yikes

Rob
www.pocketwatchrepairs.net

Posts: 580 | Location: Kingsport, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: November 26, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008