WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Interesting Educational Presentations  Hop To Forums  The John Harrison Memorial Theater    HARRISON THEATER: "Webb C. Ball Railroad Standard Watches and Clocks"
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

HARRISON THEATER: "Webb C. Ball Railroad Standard Watches and Clocks" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

This is IHC185™ "We are limited only by our imagination"

Today, May 2nd 2003 is an important day, a first in our history a first for all of horology. One of the promises we made was that our World-Wide IHC185™ would lead the way to freely shared Horological On-Line Instruction. Well, it's about to happen. This presentation, which today becomes our first ever Horological Instruction on the Internet was put together some twenty years ago by the late James L. Hernick.

Jim died at the age of only 56 in 1998 but through this presentation Jim Hernick continues sharing his knowledge and explaining the watches and clocks he so dearly loved. We have transferred the 70 color slides and Jim's sound narration to digital format and now this important presentation about "Webb C. Ball Railroad Standard Watches and Clocks" © 2003 IHC185 ® All Rights Reserved has been preserved for generations to come.

We are delighted to bring this great instructional program to you and your family right in the comfort of your own home. To let the show begin, just "click" the link below...

TURN UP YOUR SOUND, THEN "CLICK" THESE WORDS TO WATCH THE SHOW

Be sure to let us know what you think of it!

Lindell V. Riddle, Founder and President
Internet Horology Club 185 at www.ihc185.org
Watch & Clock Discussions, On-Line Education Worldwide

eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Smile

posted
AWSOME!!!!!

Aaron Bereiter

God bless America

Aaron

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
What a wonderful tribute to my good friend James Hernick, I had lunch with him at the Portland National in 1998, and was saddened by the news of his premature passing that fall. Hearing his voice again deeply moved me.

Larry Buchan

IHC Charter Member 28
IHC Life Member (L7)

posted
That was fabulous. I saw this presentation a few years back. I enjoyed it then and I enjoyed it even more this time.

This is really a watershed day in the world of the IHC185 and education for hobbyists over the internet in general. Great idea, great execution. Thank you and congratulations Lindell and everyone else involved in bringing this about.

Most excellent indeed.

Picture of R. J. Lucke
posted
Just ran through the presentation.

It brought back many good memories for me also. Jim and I had nearly identical interests in watches and we talked once or twice a month before his passing. He truely had a passion for railroad watches and upon his retirement begun to devote a large amount of time to photographing watches, putting together presentations and helping others with the same.

Rhett

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Bravo to all who are responsible for this incredible show. I hope to see many more in the days or months ahead.

And it's so convenient too; right at everyone's fingertips, thanks to Internet Horology Chapter 185. I'm glad to be a member!! Cool

Stephanie O'Neil

posted
This was a wonderful program. I can't wait for another one.

Geo

IHC Member 123
posted
Very informative and educational.

Tom Pace

IHC Member 123
IHC Life Member (L3)

posted
An excellent presentation!! Watches and fobs that I would be temped to trade my first born for!!

IHC Member 156

Picture of Frank Juchniewicz
posted
It was a very informative presentation.

Frank Juchniewicz

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted
We had some guests this afternoon. The conversation turned to Clocks, Watches and Webb C. Ball. We showed them Jim Hernick's presentation and not only were they interested there were a number of questions. This is a fine way to share our hobby and explain why we find it so fascinating.

With nearly three hundred views in just over a month doing more of these will truly be worthwhile.

Look how far we've come in just six months!

Dr. Debbie

Smile

Picture of David Fahrenholz
posted
The IHC 185 certainly has the proper focus on the movement of this industry. Great Job.

viele gruben,

David Fahrenholz
Fahrenholz Clock & Watch
Timeless Service

Picture of Ken Wyatt
posted
That was just excellent.
It was all new stuff to me and presented in such an easily accessible way.
Bravo to ALL responsible

Ken

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

It's great to see so many members and their families are enjoying these presentations.

Wink

IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
This really is great.

I learned so much about Ball watches and clocks.

Thanks Lindell and everyone who helped him create this wonderful learning place.

Picture of Joel W. Sarich
posted
Lindell:

Thank you for sharing this wonderful presentation! I enjoyed every second of it!

Sincerely,

Joel

Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Lindell,

This is wonderful! This showed me so many things that I wanted to know about.

This work is a fantastic learning tool, I can't thank you enough for posting it.

Sheila

Picture of Bob Kapinos
posted
Really enjoyed the presentation.

Bob

posted
Really wonderful presentation. The hole in the ceiling is great and I had to show my wife. I don't know that I could get away with that yet.

Thank you for making this available.

Picture of John Sorenson
posted
This is so good. I learned more watching this program at my own speed than from all the other sources I had been to previously put together. You have an awesome site here!

Thanks to all who work to make it happen.

John

posted
I keep coming back to this venue to review and refresh my recollections of this presentation.

Delightful, entertaining and educational.

Thanks to all who are responsible for its inception and making it available to all of us.

Happy hunting,

Bill Kapp

IHC Life Member
South-Bend
Picture of Frank Kusumoto
posted
This presentation has been put into video form on YouTube and can be accessed at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyDVrpIS5F4

More of these types of presentations may be made available if there is any interest.

IHC Life Member
Picture of Donald Trumble
posted
Good work Frank, it's nice to see ihc185.org making its debut on YouTube!

Don

posted
Very informative and interesting. I appreciate all who took the time it took to prepare this documentary, and the sharing of their knowledge. Thank you sirs!
Mke

posted
Very well done Frank. Thank You!

To all:

Switch to HQ and full screen, lean back and enjoy the show!

Regards,
Gerald