• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info plz: on my 992b "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I bought this, this week and will be here tomorrow, the dial is badly damaged, it is a non runner. I tried to find out wat series case it was, but only confused my self more... i will be after a dial and parts to get it back to its former glory...

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
movement number: C232326

IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Francis, That is a Wadsworth #2 BOC Hamilton case. I would have to see the inside of the back cover to see the serial number to tell if that is the right case for that year movement.

That is a VERY hard to find #151 dial that is on the watch now. I have one that is in really nice condition.

Here is a link to the dials that are in this forum;

Hamilton 992, 992E, and 992B Case & Dial Identification. (1924-1971)

I would say from looking at that dial and all the crud around the jewel settings that all it will probably need is a good COA to get the movement running again.

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
Picture of Paul Adams
posted
Lawrence,

If Francis passes on the 151 dial, I would be interested in it. Thanks!

Posts: 181 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2008
posted
Hi Lawrence, thanks mate for the info, very much appreciated. as for the dial can u email me plz with price and postage to australia , thanks mate. i found a pic of the back i hope this helps.. Francis

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
The case/dial/movement will all be from 1948 !! Looks like an original era combination !!

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
posted
thanks Buster, i will be glad once i can get it cleaned and restored...