Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 931 question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Does anyone know if all the Hamilton 931's were private label or not? I have 3 of these watches, one has a PL dial and matching PL movement, One has a PL dial and the movement is signed Hamilton. I know some PL's had both dial and movement signed and others had just one or the other signed. It always makes me nervous to have a PL dial and a regular manufacturer signed movement. The third has no dial but the movement is signed Hamilton. I know I can put a Hamilton Watch Co. RR track dial on it. That is what I will do but should it be a PL dial?

Thanks,
Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
posted
Harry, according to one knowledgeable source I found, the private labels could be ordered with the dial and movement or just the dial marked with the PL identification. I am sure that all 931's were not private labels. I have seen photos of Hamilton marked 931 movements with the Hamilton Watch Co. RR track dial you mentioned.

Posts: 346 | Location: Woodland Hills, California in the USA | Registered: January 07, 2011
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Thank you Robert. That is my understanding also on the PL's. I was just wondering about the 931's because I thought it odd the two I have both happen to be PL's. I will put the HWC RR dial on the other one then and I will have one of each.

Thanks again,
Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011