Internet Horology Club 185
Hamilton 931 question

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/254108073/m/4933945487

February 05, 2015, 20:11
Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
Hamilton 931 question
Does anyone know if all the Hamilton 931's were private label or not? I have 3 of these watches, one has a PL dial and matching PL movement, One has a PL dial and the movement is signed Hamilton. I know some PL's had both dial and movement signed and others had just one or the other signed. It always makes me nervous to have a PL dial and a regular manufacturer signed movement. The third has no dial but the movement is signed Hamilton. I know I can put a Hamilton Watch Co. RR track dial on it. That is what I will do but should it be a PL dial?

Thanks,
Harry
February 06, 2015, 15:40
Robert McClelland
Harry, according to one knowledgeable source I found, the private labels could be ordered with the dial and movement or just the dial marked with the PL identification. I am sure that all 931's were not private labels. I have seen photos of Hamilton marked 931 movements with the Hamilton Watch Co. RR track dial you mentioned.
February 06, 2015, 22:09
Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
Thank you Robert. That is my understanding also on the PL's. I was just wondering about the 931's because I thought it odd the two I have both happen to be PL's. I will put the HWC RR dial on the other one then and I will have one of each.

Thanks again,
Harry