Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

#15 SS case number database? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
Can someone please point me at a database of serial numbers for the #15 SS case?

Kenneth Sloan

Posts: 222 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 01, 2014
Picture of Richard Romero
posted
I don’t know of any database for model 15 Hamilton cases.

Here’s a link to a post by Lindell that may be helpful to you: Model 15 Case

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks - I had seen Lindell's post (and just about everything that mentions a #15 case), but was hoping that I had missed a serial number database. I have only recently become interested in 992B's in the #15 case. It was a "new look" for me and it has grown on me.

I get the sense that it's very difficult to tell if a 992B in a #15 case is "original" or a "re-case". Perhaps I'm wrong about that.

Also, I'm about to "build" a late 992B out of separately acquired movement/dial, case, and hands - and wanted to do as good a job as possible of matching the case serial number to the movement. I would never think of passing it off as "original" - but part of me would like it to be as credible as possible. As hard as I try to get away from them, I'm inexorably drawn back to late-year 992Bs and am slowly discovering the variations of which I was completely unaware. In retrospect, everything else I care about collecting is somehow related to the direct line leading to the 1970 992B. I will venture into offshoots - but I don't stray very far away from the "one true path".

Kenneth Sloan

Posts: 222 | Location: Alabama in the USA | Registered: February 01, 2014