• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Forum Saves a (Watches) Life "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just finished a delightful and informative telephone conversation with Lindell, concerning the last run of 992B's. This past weekend, I had read the articles here about that batch.

At the Ft. Lauderdale National, I purchased a 992B with SN 4C146179. Quite honestly, I was attracted to the dial, the case and the price more than anything else. When I returned home and "classified" the watch, in my database, I noticed the unusual serial number and became initially convinced that it was fake.

I am thrilled to now learn that it is, indeed, genuine and part of a select group of watches with great sentimental value. I am thrilled to have such a piece in my collection.

I will now begin a search for a more appropriate case as I am advised that the Model "A" case is totally wrong.

I am most grateful to this forum and to Lindell for clarifying this matter and, in fact, turning "trash" into treasure. I am most enthusiastic about participating in this forum as a new member and feel that I have already reaped great benefits from this new association.

Thanks to one and all.

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Peter,
Welcome to Chapter 185, you will find some of the most helpful, sharing, knowledgeable watch experts available, in IHC 185.

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
posted
Peter,
I'm sure our friend Lindell has told you about the appropriate case for your 992B with the 4C serial number which was made abt. 1970.

Below are the two 992B cases from the Hamilton 1971 catalog. "Courtesy of Rene Rondeau".

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
posted
He sure did and.... I would love to find a NOS or very slightly used case for it. My first choice would be a Model 17. I do have both cases, nearly new, on other 992B watches, but I'm hesitant to take a movement out of an original case, even if it would upgrade another watch. Lindell gave me some late case SN's and I'd love to find one for that movement.

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
posted
Peter,
Our own forum as listed below would be a good place to start. There are several Hamilton collectors in Chapter 185.

Robert

Members "HOROLOGICAL WANTED TO BUY"
List all of the hard to find items you've been looking for right here.