• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992B Bow "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just recently purchased a Hamilton 992B. A member of another Chapter looked at it and advised that the BOW is not original. From my research I have to agree. Is there any where I can obtain a correct BOW?

Regards,

Steve

Bow-992B

Posts: 28 | Location: Lake Ridge, Virginia USA | Registered: October 28, 2005
posted
That's going to be a tough one Steve, unless one of our members happens to have one and is willing to part with it. I rarely see bows on eBay, and have never seen one for a Model 10 or 11 case, as yours appears to be.

Perhaps you can locate a junker case that is going for cheap due to wear or damage, yet with a decent bow.

Good Luck!

Tref

Edit: Meant to say Model A or 11, not 10 or 11, as the center sections of the A and 11 are essentially identical. Thanks Lindell.

Posts: 348 | Location: Northwest Washington USA | Registered: June 23, 2005
posted
That is what I figured. Thanks.

Steve Scherr
srscherr@verizon.net

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Stephen,

Tref is right those parts are tough, and may I also point out the rest of the case is more than likely worn to the point a replacement would not be feasible even if it were available. Often the best route is to put parts from two or three worn cases together into one worthwhile example. Such cases are around or someone may have one to use as a donor and therefore supply you a bow.

You did not specify which case you have, but that frame is either an early 11 or A model. Look closely at the gouges just below and to the left of the pendant. The crown is worn down as well. The replacement bow now on your case is one that is often used for that purpose. Compare that case overall to the somewhat less worn Model 11 example shown in the image below.

Lindell

A less worn example of the Model 11 case below...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks for the information and comparision photo.

Steve Scherr
srscherr@verizon.net

posted
Oh and yes it is a model 11

Steve Scherr
srscherr@verizon.net

posted
they are difficult to find ... original.. i looked for some time before finding one without destroying another case...

seller on ebay had a ball case with no bow, but there was an 11 bow inside the case...
i got lucky...

you do have an option... i believe hugh hengar (selling as mowatch on ebay) has cast solid gold versions... not 100% sure he has the 11 ( did not when i was looking)...

trying to match the wear on the rest of the case with a bow would be a trying ordeal.

i believe i would live with it....

posted
Thanks, it looks like that is what I will do.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve Scherr
srscherr@verizon.net