Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Complete and original 992(L?).. Not sure "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1944
posted
Hello All.
I have not posted in a long time and wanted to reach out about a 992 I purchased a while ago. Overall it seems to be a good example of a '24 plus or minus in what could be the original case. The case shows even wear with no brassing and a small tool mark at the 6 o'clock position. Inner case (see pics) shows as a Wadsworth 14k GF and a "Railroad Model". The single sunk enamel dial and hands all match, but seem like they should be on a 17J model. I have not yet had the chance to overhaul it yet. Thought? Thanks.

Posts: 12 | Location: New Hampshire in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2014
IHC Member 1944
posted
cover

IHC Member 1944
posted
movement

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Paul,

You're correct about the dial. Here is a link to dials that are correct: 992 and 992E Dials...

The hands on your watch are correct for a No. 436 dial as seen here: Hamilton 992 needs help w/hands or No. 581 shown here: Hamilton 992/950 Quiz

The other dials will require blue No. 567 hands shown below.

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
IHC Member 1944
posted
Thanks very much for the confirmation. Not sure when I will get to overhaul, so I will probably wait on sourcing a dial and hands. Did you have any thoughts on the case?