Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton True Time information requested "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
Does anyone have any info on the "Hamilton True Time"? I have done a few searches and come up with nothing. I have a dial but I don't know what to put it on. "Hamilton True Time" is in block letters so I have the years narrowed down but I don't know which 16 size model it goes on. I suspect a 974.

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
It would help if you could post a picture.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
You are right Harry,

I found this listing:
http://jewelry.ha.com/c/item.z...171112&lotIdNo=11026

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you Dave. Here is a picture Ed. Now if one of out Hamilton experts know anything about why or how Hamilton used this dial a little history would be of great help.

posted
Harry,

The link that Dave posted is probably a fairly accurate example of what I would envision the dial being on...

974 with a serial # having a manufacturing date of 1918 and later making the Block letter script correct. The example given has a serial # 1590669 dating from roughly 1922.

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
IHC Member 1610
posted
Thank you Jon. I need to look through my 974 movements to see if I have a movement after 1918. Does anyone think a 974 Special would have had this dial?