Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

hamilton model 22 box "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
hamilton model 22 box

Have been looking for bottom latch for this box for a long time,Just joined club and hope I can get some information on this item.

Posts: 112 | Location: Scotland in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 17, 2013
IHC Life Member
posted
Welcome aboard, Ronald!!

I can't help with the part, but, you've come to the right place, surely someone here will be able to help.

Steve

Posts: 692 | Location: Washington in the USA | Registered: May 23, 2010
posted
Hi Steve,Hope so I have no idea where to find this part

Ron.

Posts: 112 | Location: Scotland in the United Kingdom | Registered: October 17, 2013
posted
latch

latch

Picture of Richard Romero
posted
Ron,

Here is a link that might be helpful: Ships Clock Cabinetry

RR

Posts: 1413 | Location: Fremont, California in the USA | Registered: February 06, 2010
posted
Thanks Richard,Will look that up.

Ron.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
are you sure you can't repair the latch,they are very simply made??? Wink regards,Tom,originally from Hilton of Cadboll,Easter-Ross,Scotland ,and I welcome you here also , Albainn gu Brath

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
posted
Hi Tom,Have tried but the latch will not spring back into place when the box is closed.

Ron

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
have you tried oiling the latch,or taking it off the box and affirming that it is straight and not bent, which could cause it to stick Wink If all else fails try Larry Crutsinger who has an amazing supply of original Hamilton parts - link below

http://www.hamiltonparts.com/

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
It appears you just have a spring problem, either broken, missing or out of alignment.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
latch is broken look at photo.The bottom latch has two pieces missing.

posted
the top latch is from another model 22 deck watch and box I have.

Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Someone that is good at brazing might be able to fix that. I will bet Leon Harris could fix that for you! It appears you need a new spring also.

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...6013713/m/5481052062

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008