Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

992E1?? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Can anyone tell me what the E1 version of the 992E is? I was looking through the Hamilton Misc 992E, railway spec, 40' section. I recently bought one and was just doing some research on it. Just curious as to what the E1 version is

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Bruce,

I'm somewhat confused by your reference to the... "Hamilton Misc 992E, railway spec, 40' section" ...so I'm not really sure what you mean. Please expand on that reference a bit if you would for clarity.

Some of the earliest 992-Elinvars has the previous style narrow damaskeening and a style of "Elinvar" marking on the pallet bridge that differs with what many of us consider a 992E to be.

Is that variant what you are referring to?

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Robert M. Sweet
posted
Bruce,
I believe the "E1" reference that you mentioned is really "EL", i.e., the first two letter of "Elinvar".

The lower case "L" looks very similar to the numerial (one).

Is this document the one in question?

Robert

Posts: 553 | Location: Southwest Virginia U.S.A. | Registered: December 27, 2004
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Lindell, Sorry I wasn't clearer. Robert posted the document I was refering to.. Robert, that clears it up. Now that you mention it, the l does look like a 1.. Thanks for the clarification

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002